Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blast from the Past

I was about 7 yrs old. Check out the
pink slippers. Look familiar???

Prom-look at the bows on

my shoes. This is Johnny!!

Doesn't he look excited?

He hated that dress...
'93 Holmes Com. Coll.
Graduation* Check out
all the make-up and the
forest green eyeliner with
the hot pink lipstick. Oh yeah!



After I year-booked myself on that website last week, it gave me the idea to look through
some older photos. Some of them brought back very good memories as I looked through the ones with us showing what we had gotten for Christmas, being together for Easter, holidays, etc. I found some graduation photos-I'll have to add them when I have more time. They are funny-
Of course, the ones with my dad and grandfather tugged on my heart, because I no longer have them on Earth. It was so good to laugh-and cry... Some of the HS pics I thought about friends that have gotten killed in the last 18 years. My close friends-weddings, births, miscarriages, loss of parents, graduating college, buying our first car (and paying for it), one of them-even cancer, and sending our own children to K5 for the first time-lots of things that a close few of us have been through together. There were a lot of memories that I pondered through in those pictures. It makes you think-of all the memories, when I'm gone, what will I be remembered for? Will it be for being funny? A hard-working student that had dyslexia and still beat the odds and graduated from college with honors... A lady with a husband and two children who taught for "X" amount of years and was dedicated to her profession...Someone who was always on a diet, trying to get skinny and then gaining it back? Will it be for someone who was dedicated to Christ and it showed from the inside out? When you look at pictures or photographs, you normally see a smile; whether or not the person is "smiling" on the inside. I hope that now and years from now, it can be said that I always (okay-mostly) had a smile on my face, that I always wanted to help others, and that it was evident that I loved Jesus. After all, isn't that what living is really all about??

1 comment:

The Burns Crew said...

LOL!! I LOVE the look on Johnny's face! He looks so thrilled! I love your graduation pic..you look so pretty.