Sunday, October 5, 2008

Prayer Request

We have (and will continue for the next few weeks) fill-in pastors from our church speaking because our pastor is scheduled to have a triple by-pass this Tues., Oct.7, at Baptist Hospital. He's been able to attend services but not able to preach. Last Wed. night after choir practice, we gathered around and all prayed for him and his family. I'm sure this is hard-when he's the one that's used to doing all the "ministering" to others. He's such a good pastor-always there... We were just visiting the church when my dad was dying with cancer. But he came to the hospital faithfully-just about as much as I did. He is a true pastor and a true man of God. His wife, Mrs. Lillian, sings beside me in the choir-just a precious lady and a true picture of what a godly woman should be. Please remember them in your prayers. My pastor's name is Bro. Carl Prewitt. I know they would really appreciate and covet your prayers. Thanks!! I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

He sounds like a special man! I hope he is back on his feet soon!