Sunday, August 17, 2008

Today is filled with "churchly" duties, such as baby shower for Sunday school member. Of course, our class is giving it, so I have to be there early to set up and then clean up afterwards. Quartet practice is today at 5-then church afterwards. You know how it is... I hate to say it, but we were so busy this weekend, and I knew today was going to be worse, that we didn't even make it to church this morning! That's awful that you're so busy-and "church duties" even keep you away from church. I hope I'm not the only one that's ever been this way!! I cover it up with, "I know God understands." But that's sorry. I owe him much more dedication than that. Singing in gospel quartet, worship team, choir... ugghh--I'm feeling really "served" out right about now. And we haven't even started on Christmas music!! Serving should be a part of worship, not feeling like WORK. Am I right?
Teaching is really going to be a lot of mental stress this year, because my students have a lot of needs. Sweet as pie, thank goodness, but needy. I am also team leader and a Beta Club Sponsor, which has extra meetings and responsibilities. My boss picked me to be a mentor to a new teacher. I did it last year for the school district. This year it's something for MDE. So I'm SURE it will be some added paper work, etc. that I don't know about. Are you feeling my worries about being stressed? I know God has a plan, but I have to have sense about saying no to things that I can and should. Please pray for me. I have a decision to make about the gospel quartet. I've been praying about it for several months. I think I know what to do... Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

No comments: