Sunday, August 24, 2008

Being Blessed Through Trying Times

Little Addison, the one who calls herself "Barbie Princess", has been up during the night going on 4 nights now. I'm a mama who loves her sleepy time-so this 4-5 hours of sleep a night are wearing me down... We had every intention of going to her little friend from church's birthday party yesterday. She's been talking about it for a week. She thinks Lacy is her sister. She started crying with her ear, but she only really fusses with it at night. She had tubes, but at the last visit a month ago, one tube was on its way out. The only other symptoms besides ultra wineyness, if that's a word, is a nasty runny nose. I can't decide whether to keep going with tylenol and zyrtec or call the doctor. My husband says I'm a hypochondriac, but we moms all know our babies, now don't we??? I do know that being up in the wee hours for 4 nights certainly isn't normal. NIICCEE...as I type, I hear caughing. Yep! hypo or not-I think we'll be calling the doc. Oh, the joys of being a parent...
Sharing in this blog is like journaling for me. I like to share what God is doing in my life-and in my families'. This morning, I was looking for a scripture that was appropriate for this blog but one that would speak to me. I can feel my "gripey" attitude taking over, and that is not one that is becoming for a lady of the King. As so many times before, I turned my Bible open to a page, and it landed on something I felt appropriate. Num.6:24-27. "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. So they will put my name on the Isrealites, and I will bless them." I am no Bible scholar, but in reading this today, I learned that God was talking to Moses. This message was for Moses to tell Aaron & his sons how to bless the Isrealites. Then he went on with the verses 24-27. I was really humbled by reading this today. The Lord blesses me (and keeps on), even through all my whining and complaining. "The Lord make his face to shine upon you." I have to say, lately, God's face has not been shining through my tired, grumpy self. I was sittin' here thinking, I guess that's another week we have to miss church because she's not feeling good. Why can't she be sick during the week & I won't have to pay extra $25 to take her to after hours clinic? Hello--she was sick Wed-and I missed work-so I should be thankful I only missed one day. (I know this will be gone in another year or so~as she gets older.) But God blesses me anyway-I wear his name and he blesses me!! Isn't He good???
It never ceases to amaze me how something that was written so many years ago is still true today, and we can pull scripture that our Savior used to speak to holy people, such as Paul, Moses, John,Noah, etc... and allow Him to speak to us. Such a simple concept, but still so amazing to me.

No comments: