Thursday, August 14, 2008

GOAL SETTING

After working for 9 long months at losing weight,
I have finally reached my "first" goal; which was
to weigh what I did before I got pregnant with
Addi. My main goal was to lose 78 lbs to put me
at my ideal BMI weight. I knew I needed to break
that down for myself. Last week I "partied in the
pantry" a little too much and gained 3 pounds!!
So I'm back to it again-not a diet so much-but this
new lifestyle that I've had to adjust to because of
the diabetes issues. The weight loss has been a
nice plus-today I wore an outfit I haven't felt
comfortable wearing in over EIGHT years! I
have 33 lbs to go!! I toil on, but I remember
the verse that has been so precious to me time
& time again: Joshua 1:9 "Have I not
commanded you? Be strong and cour-
ageous. Do not be afraid; do not be
discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go."

1 comment:

The Burns Crew said...

You go girl!!!! Stay strong..you CAN do it..its better to loose it slowly rather than fast. The faster you loose it..the faster it comes back. Kuddos to you