Friday, September 5, 2008

HEAVEN'S JOURNEY


I said I would "get back with the rest of the story" about Heaven's Journey quartet. Yes, I know. There's 5 in the picture. One of them is the piano player. I resigned about 2 weeks ago. This Sat., Sept. 6 was supposed to be the last time I sang with them, but the event we were going to sing at has been rained out due to 'Ol Gustav. Last Sun. afternoon on the way to sing at the church in the picture, they said, "We found an alto to replace you." I have to admit-that felt a little wierd. I know that this is the right thing for me to do right now. I told them if they couldn't find someone, I would stay until they did. So I guess this is God's way of telling me it's time to move on. Besides, there's still choir and worship team, which I love.
While I'm at it, please remember the people in the Natchez area in your prayers. That's where my husband and I are from. My in-laws got electricity back Tues. night and my mom and step-dad got theirs Thurs. Some areas are still without. They were hit pretty hard. That city will always be my "home"-I was born there and lived there until I married at age 23. I can't wait to go down there and "see for myself" instead of hearing from family and on the news.
Have a blessed evening!

No comments: