Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF!!

WHEW!! What a week this has been!! For some reason, this week seemed to drag by. Earlier this week, I found myself thinking that it must be a full moon. My students were extra talkative and Clayton had a "not so good" week at school. Well, tonight, I noticed the most beautiful, full moon. I knew I had to be right. It seems like whenever our students are extra "wired" the moon is full, for some reason.
As we all remember the tragedy of 9-11, one of my autistic students is fixated on that day. So yesterday was draining for me.
Johnny came home today sick, which he never does. He hasn't even gotten out of the bed. For some reason, I thought I could clean out my almost 3yr.old's closet--with her right under me...
This morning, I called to check on my in-laws that live in Houston, Tx. They didn't leave during Hurricane Ike. I talked to Johnny's dad this morning. He said they were expecting 80-85mph winds. His daughter & 3 kids were coming to stay during the storm. My mind has been on them all day. This has been a mentally-draining week.
Addison is in K3 at her daycare and she learned her 1st Bible verse this week: Rom.3:23"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." That was the highlight of my week to hear her say that!!

1 comment:

The Burns Crew said...

That is precious about Addi..there is nothing more heart warming than hearing our children speak a verse or say the blessing! Hope you all have a better week!