Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thankful for My Man!

Just recently, I have a friend that has been going through a divorce. Now you know when you're married, you claim that the "better half" never does anything- or at least I do.She is now all alone and has no one to help her do those things things that "the man" usually does. She's often times had to call her dad, who lives out of town, to come help her with something. Then there's the financial aspect-going from two incomes to one. It makes me sick to think about having to live just on my income and having to support two children. We were talking last week, and she mentioned that she wished her dad had taught her more "manly things", so if she was ever alone, she could take care of herself.
No one ever wakes up and thinks that this is the day their world is going to change and they're going to be all alone. I think we take way to much for granted. I know I do. I did it to my poor parents. Now I find myself doing the same thing with my husband. He's so good to me: buys the groceries, puts them away, gets my gas, helps get the kids dressed, takes out the trash,helps with homework, plus all that other "manly stuff" like cutting the grass, and anything else that needs to be done.
He was changing my brakes on the car yesterday and I was sharing with him how I needed to learn to do some "manly" things for myself. He gave me the oil pan and told be to "get busy". Ha ha! I quickly told him he could teach me that some other time. He's so good to me. I'm proud of the man that God has molded him into for my children. He was raised by his mom and stepfather, who he called "Dad". They divorced when he was 21. My daddy was a big part of Johnny's live after that. I guess you could say my dad kind of stepped in. I know my dad's gone now, but I think he would be very proud of the man I married and the man that he's become. He's not perfect, but he's the perfect man for me!

No comments: