Saturday, January 10, 2009

Starting Fresh

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope that everyone had a blessed holiday and is starting out with a promising new year. I know this is the time of year where everyone makes new resolutions, changes, unkept promises, lifestyle choices; whatever you wanna call it. If any of you know me or have read many of my past blogs, you know that I mentor 2 teachers that are new to our district this year. We hired a first year sped. teacher this for sem. and I was selected to mentor her through the MDE, which is a lot more responsibility because money is involved (surprise, surprise). I'm very honored that someone thinks that highly in my ability and capability. But like children, I don't like that "R" word. On the positive side, I know it will look good on a resume.
Also, if you've read previous posts, you know that I've had trouble with my blood sugar. Long story short-still working on it. Dr. still wants more weight off and glucose levels down. 40 down,30 to go. It seems like the more I lose, the higher the glucose gets. Don't ask me. I joined "Biggest Loser" weight loss competition at my school. I'm not doing it to win-I just thought it would motivate me to get the last 30 lbs. off. I'd been at a stand still for about 4 months and needed a good motivator. Besides that and praying for God's help with will power and help controlling the sugar, I don't know what else to do about it, except cut my lips off. The doctor I have is skinny- sometimes I feel like telling her to eat a donut, drink a coke-then tell me about blood sugar!! If I wasn't trying, I could understand. It just seems like everytime I go-my levels just aren't right. It's only 120 after a fast-so it's not like I'm going to go into a coma. She wants the levels to be in the high 70's-which is crazy, but whatever. As long as I'm taking care of myself and feeling well, that's all I can ask for.
We started school back this last week-you could tell it was a full moon Fri. I think being a mentor is helping me "stay in check" with what I'm supposed to be doing as a teacher. I think it has helped make me a better teacher and professional.
I am praying for strength and self-control with my weight, because I know that the way that I eat is a lifestyle change. I have come to terms with that. I pray daily for wisdom with food choices because this is so hard for me.
I am also praying for God to strengthen me as a wife, a Christian, and a mom. I am so thankful that God allowed me to have Christian parents and examples. I want to take that and grow. I am thankful that my parents took me to church and Johnny's mom took him to church as children. I pray that we are what God wants us to be for our children, especially in a society such as today. I know many of you Christian wives/moms are praying the very same things for your children. God bless you as you bless others this week!

No comments: