Monday, November 3, 2008

Whew! What a long day this has been!! I guess I'm so tired from the weekend, that I need next weekend to get here so I can catch up. This past weekend, we started our Christmas shopping for the kids. We shopped around and let them point out what they wanted. Of course, Addi just wants Barbies-she'll be easy on the pocket book. Clayton, on the other hand, wants either a Wii or XBOX 360. Johnny's trying to talk him into one that's more economical (and has more games that he can play). Clayton wants the other one... This is the only time of year that we try to go "all out" and really get them what they want. It's so much fun getting them that "perfect thing" and then seeing the smile on their face. Of course, we teach them that Christmas is from Jesus and that He is the only REAL gift. It's real important that they(or all of us) not lose sight of that.

After shopping, Addi started with this nasty nose-after going for a check-up just 3 days before... Then I noticed her ear draining. At least I know her tube is working.

I tried to let Clayton and myself sneak out for church because I didn't want her around all the other kids with her nose like that. Well, that didn't work! She wouldn't let me out of her sight. Little booger-they learn that "sneaking out" trick quickly. Yesterday, when I wanted a nap, I discovered the washer wasn't draining. Luckily, Johnny is a good handyman, and he fixed it (again-for now). Looks like we will have to buy one before too long. Needless to say, I missed my nap, then it was time for church again. And here we are! Today, after school, Clayton announced that he threw his study guide away, by mistake. So here we go-into the school-after 4pm-digging through the trash in his classroom. At least it wasn't nasty garbage... :) The things we will do for our children and their bonus points!!
One of my sweet little "special" students that comes into one of my classes was poking on my arm today. He was saying, "squishy, squishy-Look, Ms. Mathis, your arm is squishy." I told him that was my fat. That didn't bother him-he just loved on me anyway. Kids like that make my day. No matter how fat I am feeling or how rough I look that day, they are always there to love you! I'm so glad our God is like that-AND that He has a great sense of humor!!
Enjoy your day and may it be blessed!

No comments: